Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wicked and other musical adventures



So I have been checking the Wicked website regularly to find out when they are coming back to town. You see, they were here last summer and I really, REALY wanted to go but the tickets were on presale for so long that by the time it was open to the general public, there were only a handful of tickets left. Sure, I could have sprung for scalped tickets like so many others I know but I don't think I love Wicked enough to spend $100+ per ticket. So right now my only options are to take a vacation to either Chicago or New York which I guess isn't all that bad, I just have to talk the hubby into going on vacation (what is really funny is that he really doesn't like this nickname but I'm gonna keep using it since the one he uses for me daily is like 10 times worse!). For those of you who don't know what Wicked is, check out the trailer here.


In another musical world, the countdown for ticket purchase for Celtic Women is underway! Tomorrow is the day and I WILL NOT forget! If any of you have not heard of Celtic Women, there are one, two, three, four, five, and six excerpts that you can watch and tell me that they are not some of the most talented musicians you have heard! You can also go here to listen to and watch more of their pieces.

Well, that is about all I can think of posting for today. My day has been very relaxing and unproductive (this is what comes out of sleeping until 11 and making 5, count them 5 mixed cd's). I'm thinking of watching a long sappy movie now (like I haven't had enough sap lately) but what else can you do on a cold wintery day? I hope everyones cold wintery day was as wonderful as mine!

No comments: