Saturday, January 6, 2007

A day in the life....

Well, today has been a long but fun day. The hubby and I went to the Como Zoo in St. Paul to visit the reindeer exhibit. I really enjoyed that; well, any place that has animals I have fun at. I highly recommend the zoo because they have the reindeer exhibit right now, they also have a baby camel for a while (very cute as well) and a baby zebra. I was kind of bummed that the puffins were gone, they are very funny birds but, the zoo was still great. If you happen to go, check out the pointsettia exhibit in the conservatory - it was so beautiful and festive. I wish I had taken the camera with to snap a few shots.

After the festivities at the zoo we headed downtown and ate at Patrick McGoverns. We have never eaten there before but it was very good as well. I tried the new Linies beer creation, apple cider something or other. I was really disappointed with it, I was expecting beer with an apple flavor to it and it was more like apple cider with alchol in it. My recommendation - if you really want a beer, go with HoneyWeiss!

We then stopped at the Science Museum Minnesota and saw the Omnitheatre movie about Hurricane Katrina and the wetlands that are being lost in Louisana. I highly recommend the movie, it was very touching and brings to the forefront an environment problem that need to be fixed and reversed. We also did go through the exhibits and those never get old (even for the kids at heart). I think I will still like going there when I'm old and wrinkly with 10 great-grandchildren (ok, I can dream can't I?).

It sounds as if the hubby is going to bed, I should probably join him. Tomorrow morning is church and we need to be bright eyed for that.

Until next time!

No comments: