Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nothing much

I hate having to have a day at work and then come home, have the same old stuff happen and nothing interesting to say. I got a list of things to bring for my lesson tomorrow so I had to go through the closet where all of my music is. Yes, we still have many un-packed things hiding away in the closet because we just have not gotten around to getting the remaining furniture items we need in the house to un-pack the remaining boxes. I ended up finding everything that I was planning on taking with me except for one book - of course it has to be the book that I was really looking for and it was probably in the box that was hidden further back in the closet than I was willing to hunt for so I'm just going to go without it. I did end up finding all of my blank cassette tapes in the entertainment center - of course I can't quite figure out why I put the cassettes there when I put the blank CD's up in the linnen closet (I guess I was still sleeping the day I unpacked those items). I think I should be set now for my lesson and I am so excited (in case you didn't figure that one out from my previous post).

So I got to go to a meeting today with the people that are here training from India. We got to ask them a few questions about how health insurance works in India. Apparantly, they don't really have it. What they do have is only paid for by a handful of employers and the remaining people have individual policies but even these are mostly life insurance, not for health. They did say that they can go to the doctor at any given time and be able to pay for medical care without it costing a fortune. They also said that pretty much all prescriptions are over the counter - if they are ever in need of an antibiotic, all they have to do is go to the chemist (their word for pharmacy) and get it, no prescription needed. The only meds that require prescriptions there are the ones needed for life-threating situations. They also said that there are many people from the states going to have elective surgery in India because it is much more affordable than anything they can get here. I was just amazed at everything they were speaking about. Tomorrow they are going to have an overview of Indian life and culture so I should be able to learn even more. I never thought I would be so interested learning about culture in India but it really peaks my attention.

Well, I gotta rap it up, the OC is on - only 5 episodes left!

No comments: