Saturday, January 20, 2007

A good day

So today started out nice - hubby let me sleep in and then he made us pancakes and fried up some ham for breakfast. It's been a long time since we have actually sat down for breakfast together that wasn't cereal. After that we got a phone call from one of Brice's friend's that he has had since he was in grade school to let us know that he is getting married in June in Key West, FL so we get to go on vacation. He is getting married at St. Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Parish where Tennessee Williams was baptized (upon persuasion from his brother - a photographer who was there stated that Tennessee was very intoxicated). We've been doing some research tonight to find out what we can do there and it seems really promising. It turns out that you can tour the Ernest Hemingway house, you can tour some other house where Robert Frost spent his winters and you can visit where Tennessee Williams lived as well. Apparently Key West was a haven for writers back then. I also found a tour of Key West that you can take at night and it goes to haunted mansions and cemeteries - that sounds really fun! The best part about going to Flordia is that we get to go visit the manatees!!! I always said that if I ever went there I would have to go see them - I would have to say that manatees are my favorite animal of all time! There are places that I found you can actually go swiming with them but they are around Tampa which is not the area that we will be in. But, I did find the Miami Seaquarium that has dolphin shows, manatees and all kinds of sea creatures. That should be a lot of fun. I am just really excited about this trip because I have always wanted to go somwhere tropical...even if it is in the middle of June!

So, the rest of the day was fun for us as well. Hubby and I took a trip to MOA to make a few purchases. If you remember from my last post, I was somewhat bored with the music selection that I had in my possession. Well, we went to Barnes & Noble and I purchased Carrie Underwood, Meav (one of the ladies from Celtic Women) and a Josh Groban CD. I was kind of bummed out though because they didn't have the new Celtic Women CD...I'll have to order that one on Amazon or something. I also managed to find some clothing items without hubby complaining too much that I was spending too much time in my favorite store. While we were there we walked though the amusement park and looked at the tulip show. If you happen to be in the mall, go see it but don't make an extra trip. The commercial on tv makes it sound like there are tulips everywhere but there aren't. There are tulips at all of the entrances and then there is a small exhibit in the middle of the park. I have to say that Como Conservatory and the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum are much better places to go look at flowers. For dinner we decided to go try the restaurant at the Water Park of America called the Split Rock Grille....it was very good. Brice had walleye that he pretty much fell in love with. He made a statement that the walleye was like eating candy, it was so good. I can't quite understand that statement since fish to me is the grossest thing a person can possibly eat but I took his word for it anyway.

Brice and I actually had a moment of agreeing about a movie yesterday. HBO was playing the new Producers with Matthew Broderick, Will Ferril, Uma Thurman and Nathan Lane. I love this show because it is a musical of course but Brice likes it because it is a very funny Mel Brooks. I think this is the second movie we have actually agreed upon that both of us like (that hardly ever happens). This would be a good gift for either of us if anyone is ever looking for gift ideas (hint, hint, hint).

Random thought....if anyone really wants to bug my hubby, just play Carrie Underwood really loud!

1 comment:

courtney said...

Hey, Brice-- **JEEEESUS TAKE THE WHEEEEEL**

(close enough, Bobbie?)

I love Carrie Underwood--so great choice on that!

And The Producers? Hilarious! Good choice on that too:)