Monday, January 8, 2007

Thought for the day

I have a daily calendar with writings from Billy Graham.  Here is the one from yesterday:

 

Some years ago I visited a man who was wealthy and successful, the envy of all his friends and business associates.  But as we talked, he broke down in tears, confessing that he was miserable inside.  Wealth had not been able to fill the empty place in his heart.  A few hours later I visited another man who lived only a few miles away.  His cottage was humble, and he had almost nothing…yet his face was radiant as he told me about the work he was doing for Christ and how Christ had filled his life with meaning and purpose.  I went away convinced that the second man was really the rich man….A spirit of thankfulness makes all the difference.

 

If all of us could be as humble as the man living in the cottage! 

No comments: