Monday, January 15, 2007

Here I go again

I know I really shouldn’t be worried about this but I am. I have an audition tomorrow (yea!!!) and I am very excited. The audition is for Exultate, a chamber choir in Minneapolis. They need a few extra singers for their (I guess you can call it spring) program in March. They are mixing a few of really great sacred oratorios (like Messiah, Mozart’s Requiem and Bach’s St. Matthew Passion) into one jumble. These are really great pieces and I have actually gotten to sing a couple of what they will be doing. What I am worried about though is what they are going to say about my voice. I have been on auditions before and gotten the “You are very talented and have a wonderful voice, your training is apparent but your large, oratorio style voice just won’t fit in with the choir” before and I just don’t want it to happen again. Hopefully it won’t but you never know what a certain director is going to want for his/her choir. Why can’t they just say what kind of style they are looking for when they post auditions? Wouldn’t that be easier instead of making people think they will never fit in anywhere? Anyways, I hope this audition is not like previous ones because I miss singing in great choirs! Church choir is just not cutting it for me (I’m sure all of you trained musicians out there understand my pain). Please think and pray for me tomorrow!

1 comment:

courtney said...

oh! Good luck with the audition! They can be so nerve wracking sometimes, but I'm sure you'll be awesome!