Friday, January 19, 2007

Heart break

I should have been expecting it because I had a really crappy audition....I got my rejection letter (you know, the one that says, thanks for auditioning but there is no spot for you [this is a "nice" way for them to say that you suck] in the choir at this time but we would like you to audition again) and I just couldn't handle it. I feel rejected and no good....I mean, what in the world did I spend $80,000.00 to go to school to learn how to sing for when I can't even get into a choir??? I'm not going to berate myself and do church choir when people are only there because it's fun and they like to sing. Well, I LOVE to sing and that kind of attitude just doesn't cut it for me. So I've been trying to reach this voice coach that teaches at St. Olaf but to no avail so far so we'll see how it goes.

Sidenote - referencing above rejection letter, like I would really audition again when I wasn't good enough the first time!!!

Anyways, bitterness is over, I just need to get a game plan and do some studying and get back in shape. Hopefully that will help.

Another sidenote - I am totally bored with my music selection lately. I think I need to go on a music buying splurge this weekend....I don't think the hubby will have a problem with that since he has like 200 CD's and I have like 20 (right dear?). I'll let you know what I find!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the audition, Bobbie.

Thanks for linking to me, I'll do likewise soon! Have a good weekend