Monday, February 12, 2007

Talented Kids

Ok, did anyone happen to catch Oprah today? Yea I don't usually watch it either but I came home to an empty house and Oprah just happened to be on so I watched it. She had a bunch of VERY smart and talented kids on. Of course, the one that caught my attention was the 8 year old (yes, you heard me right) who sang that really amazing aria from The Magic Flute....you know, the one with staccatto high notes (I believe there is a high D or something to that extent in there) and she sounded amazing! Of course, she is 8 and the voice is not perfect but man, would I have killed to have a voice like that at 8! You can go here to read a little bit about her and see a picture. Unfortunately there was no audio or video clip up of her performance but if I ever find one, I'll post it here!

1 comment:

courtney said...

i saw her on leno one night. i was pretty impresed myself.

my voice teacher played the queen of the night in the magic flute last year. i got to hear her sing that aria. that's a difficult aria for ANYONE. wow.