Saturday, February 3, 2007

Charlotte's Web and the weather

So apparently I've done a really good job of ignoring my blog this week but I don't really care much. Brice and I have gotten some really good couple time in this week and that is much more important! Last night we went to see Charlotte's Web, the remake of the cartoon that we grew up watching. The reason we decided to see a kids movie is because they are pretty much the only movies we can agree on seeing. Brice always wants to see the really kind of artsy movies and those are not really the movies I am really all that interested in seeing. Of course, none of the movies I suggested he had any inkling to see so we ended up on Charlotte's Web. I have to say that the movie was very cute, with all of the animals, Wilbur of course being the cuteist. We all know the story, that Wilbur the pig makes great friends with Charlotte the spider who ends up dying in the end. No matter how prepared I was thinking I wasn't going to cry because after all, it's a kids movie and I know she is going to die anyway because she is, afterall, a spider, I ended up crying anyway. Of course, the movie has a happy ending, the spider egg hatches and all of Charlotte's babies fly off with only 3 to stay with Wilbur and the other animals in the barn...the happy part being that Wilbur now makes 3 new friends that he gets to name and share the story about their mother with them. I hope I never get tired of watching kids movies because they are probably some of the really great movies that are out there. Today Brice and I ended up braving the cold weather (of course, I still don't think it's all THAT cold outside...that's another point I'll elaborate on later) and took a trip to Target to finally get a new bookshelf because books don't really belong in boxes you have to get off a shelf, dig through and trip over when you are looking for one book. We did end up finding one but it's not as tall as we would have liked so we were going to get 2 but of course, they are inbetween inventory in their furniture department so we have to wait a couple of weeks to get the second one.

Ok, so now I will rant about the "cold" that the crazy home-grown Minnesotans seem to think is cold. Because this is the coldest it's been in 3 years, they can't stop talking about it on the news....GET OVER YOURSELVES PEOPLE!!!! is what I really want to say to them all. Do they REALLY want to know what cold is? Go move to North Dakota and live there for 18 years, bearing walks to school in -20 temperatures, a winter with a -80 (with wind chill of course) temperature and then tell me that this puny -10 below weather we are having now is cold. The other day at work somebody came back in the building after lunch and said something to the effect that now it starting to get cold. Of course, I listened and when I left for the day decided to bundle up with my scarf and gloves only to get outside and find out that it wasn't all that cold out at all!! What a bunch of wusses these stupid southern Minnesotans are about the mild weather they get down here. Ok, I think I'm done with my rant for now, I had to get that off my chest!

Happy Super Bowl tomorrow...I don't really know who I'm rooting for - I'm thinking about watching the game just for the commercials! :)

No comments: