Monday, February 5, 2007

Roger Bourland

So I ran across a blog today written by Roger Bourland who is a composition and theory professor at UCLA. He had a very interesting post today regarding auditions and how they can be devastating and discouraging. He is trying to get away from the norm to tell people what they need to work on before auditioning again. If only everyone did that at audition time! Go here to read his posting; I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did! I also have to add that his comment about one of his teachers that told someone they are no good really hit home with me. I had one of my professors say that to me and it was devastating. Of course I complained and absolutely nothing happened and I found out later that not only did he treat me like that but also other very talented musicians that I had classes with. It is really unfortunate that colleges waste time and OUR money on these looser professors.

No comments: