Saturday, August 18, 2007

A festive day

One of my friends from work got married today and I had the pleasure of attending the wonderful occasion. Unfortunately, Brice wasn't able to come since he had to work this afternoon but I had fun without him. I thought that we had a lot of cake leftover when we got married but they are going to have even more! They had one small round cake for each table which is a good idea but everyone at our table had a pretty good sized piece and there was half of it left in the end. There were some tables I saw on my way out that just had a couple of pieces eaten out of them. The ceremony was at a very old Catholic church in Stillwater (close to the downtown area) and the reception was at the country club in Sommerset, WI. To get from the church to the country club, I had to go over the lift bridge and I have to say that I understand why people are afraid of that bridge....it's all rusty and doesn't look all that safe anymore. Here are a couple of pictures from the evening.

No comments: