Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bridge Collapse


So for those of you who saw or didn't see on tv, the 35W bridge going over the Mississippi river collapsed during rush hour. Brice did not get called to the scene but his pager was going off. He has to work early tomorrow morning so he might end up having to go down there. My uncle AJ is a Metro Transit cop and I just heard from my aunt that they decided not to send him down there tonight but he will have to go tomorrow morning. Please keep all of the victims and emergency workers in your prayers - there is a thunderstorm going through the citites right now and could make it difficult for the rescue work. I was very sad after a guy on tv said he lives in an apartment close to there and said that he helped a pregnant lady out of her car to the ambulance and she was obviously hurt with blood all over. It will be interesting to find out what exactly caused it...it's scary to think of what might or could have happened.

UPDATE: I went to go check Brice's pager. He had one that said not to come in because all trucks were out on scene. They have paged out extra trucks for tomorrow morning at 6am....I have a feeling Brice will have to go down there because he works at 4am - I woke him up (accidententally) and told him if he has to go down there to be careful. He has never had to do a massive casualty like this and we were hoping that he would never have to have that experience. I'll update further tomorrow.

No comments: