Monday, July 30, 2007

Another day at the doctor

I had another doctors appointment today that went really well. I had to do the gestational diabetes test where I had to drink the really sugary sweet McDonalds type orange drink but 5 times as potent. My nurse told me to just down it all in one drink and I should have listened to her because after the first 2 smaller drinks, the last one went down VERY sweet. After that we saw my doctor who is actually in her last week of work because she is having her first baby as well which I found out is also a boy. She said that she has actually seen more boys born lately than girls - in the past few months she said she has seen about 3 girls and all the rest were boys. That's interesting to know because we heard on the news not long ago that there are statistically more girls being born than boys. So at my next visit I have to see a different doctor which we found out, actually attends all of her deliveries which will be very nice - Brice has been worried about having a doctor that we have never seen delivering the baby. After we saw the doctor, we had to wait for another half an hour so that the lab could read my blood work after all of the sugar they had me ingest. Turns out, I passed with flying colors. The lab tech said that I have hemoglobin numbers like someone who isn't pregnant and my blood sugar was in the 80s which is really good because they just want you to be under 140. Oh yea, when they weighed me, I have only gained another 2 pounds so that puts me up a whopping 3 pounds that I have gained so far....I'm REALLY happy with that number. Hopefully I can keep it on the low side so that I can actually weigh quite a bit less after the baby is born. Well, that's all for now. Brice and I are going to try to finish hanging the wallpaper up in Karsten's room tonight so we can get it cleaned up and bring the crib over from his dad's house. Once it is all done, I will post some pictures of the finished product.

No comments: