Friday, July 6, 2007

July 4th recap

Ok so the 4th was 2 days ago already but I really was not awake enough yesterday to do even a little blogging. Brice woke up before me and took a walk; I must have gotten up right after he left because I woke up to an empty house which kind of freaked me out a little. He got back after getting lost in our neighborhood (still don't quite know how he got lost) and made me a nice smoothie to start off the day. After which we actually got off our butts and went to the Science Museum to see the Pompeii exhibit and the Greece omni theatre film. To those of you who are interested, I would recommend skipping the film; I found it rather boring which is really tough to say about omni theatre films! The exhibit was really neat - it is just amazing how well preserved all of the artifacts are. We got out of there and I made dinner for once which is an oddity in our house since Brice is home more often and does most of the cooking. I went to bed right as the fireworks were starting to go off and if the trees in our neighbor's yard weren't so tall I could have seen them. We did get to see some fireworks though - Bloomington always has theirs on the 3rd along with a big festival so we sat out at the bandshell and listened to music for hours and got to see the firework after all of the music stopped. Bloomington actually has a really good show, I would recommend it to everyone. I would say that we have seen it from the other side of the lake when you couldn't hear the music but this year since we were at the bandshell we could hear it and it was a much better experience. Brice has to work all weekend so I get to do laundry and clean up the house so there won't be much to talk about! Hopefully I can stop blogging while at work soon....I'm working on getting a quote for internet service from the phone company in Scott County. We should be back to normal after that!

No comments: