Friday, July 13, 2007

Sleep Deprivation

So I've been home from work for the past 2 days because I have been hit with some pretty severe insomnia. I've had it on and off throughout the pregnancy but the stuff I have this week is really bad. I've gotten about 2-3 hours of sleep every night since about Sunday. By yesterday I was so exhausted that I didn't feel it was safe for me to even try to go into work. I did manage to get a couple of naps in yesterday (about an hour and a half each) but it did not help much. I was really exhausted by the time bedtime rolled around I thought that I might actually sleep some....wrong!!! By the time I fell asleep it was sometime inbetween midnight and 1am and I woke up at 3am. I was not happy about that. Of course, I stayed in bed until my alarm went off so I could get to work but I found myself in the same exhaustive state I was in yesterday. Brice had just gotten home from work and after cuddling and talking about what I should do he suggested that I really needed more rest. So, I decided to stay home today as well. Brice must have been the help that I needed to get some rest because I slept for a whole 5 hours in a row without waking up. I actually felt better after that. I still feel pretty groggy and without much energy but am feeling better than I did yesterday. I think I will try to go into work for at least a while tomorrow to get some work done. Hopefully I can put all of this behind me and get back to normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe you could look at this for practice for when the baby gets here :)