Sunday, April 1, 2007

I hate tax season!!!!

I finally got up the gumption to do the taxes today and let me tell you that it really sucks doing them when you aren't getting any money back! When I was fresh out of college I remember being so excited to do my taxes because I was looking forward to the over $1,000.00 I would get back. Now that I'm married we pay more than I ever have and that sucks. What was the point of the government getting rid of the marriage penalty when you don't really get a tax break at all? If you claim married at work they don't take enough money out and you end up paying in at the end of the year. Since we bought our house in October we were a little over $1200.00 short of itemizing which I really thought I would be able to do with all the interest we are paying on the house. Hopefully next year will be better (I'm thinking positively that it will happen that way) with 12 months of property taxes, morgage interest and a child to deduct hopefully all of this paying into the government for so many years will pay off!

Ok, I'm done with my ranting and raving for today. Until next tax season!

No comments: