Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Another Trip to the Dentist

Well, as the title says, I made another trip to the dentist today for opinion #2 about my tooth. Unfortunately, the new doc said about the same thing as the first one did although he did seem quite a bit more positive that I will just need a filling. He also said that if I get back within the next couple of weeks he should just be able to fill it - I'm hoping that it will stay that way because I'm just too young to pretty much lose a tooth! And of course, the only reason these docs are saying that I "might" need a root canal is because the cavity is getting "close" to the nerve. You know, I was looking at the same x-rays that they were and I wasn't seeing that! I mean, how close is close? I would say that the cavity is about half ways inbetween the top of the tooth and the cavity....if that is too close what isn't???? GRRRR!!! Anyways, this dentist office was all high tech - they don't have paper charts, everything is on the computer and they take your picture to store along with your chart. Then they have these big flat screen tv's mounted to the ceiling that you can watch while they are doing work on you. They have these wireless headphones that go with the tv's - it's actually pretty cool. Anyways, the doc said I can bring any DVD to watch when I go back to have the (hopefully) filling. Please pray really, really, REALLY hard that I don't need a stupid root canal!

Ok, I think I'm done ranting about my stupid tooth now. This is the only tooth I have ever had a cavity on and I'm just really upset about it.

No comments: