Friday, September 28, 2007

Spend the money on a good haircut....JUST DO IT!!!!

I decided that I needed to get a trim so that my hair isn't in my way while I'm in labor. So, since Games by James is in the Burnsville Mall and I had to stop there I decided to go to Mastercuts and get my hair cut....boy was that a HUGE mistake. I just made the assumption that because I have gotten really great haircuts at their other locations that I would get the same great service there....nope, not even close. I go in there, tell the girl what I want done, not only that but I point to how short I want it. So, she starts cutting and keeps cutting and cutting and cutting and I'm wondering, what in the world is taking so long? Then, she gets to the front of my head and she only leavs about an inch and a half of hair at the top on the right side but leaves a good 2 and a half to 3 inches on the top on the right. Not only that but it's really short on the top with this god awful long hair sticking out of the bottom. So after she was done, I made her cut it again and cut all of the long hair off. So by now of course, I am PISSED off because I have absolutely no hair left and she starts curling it so I can at least go out into the mall and do what I need to do. Yea, BIG MISTAKE!!!!! She burnt my ear on the curling iron so bad that I have a blister!!!!! She gets "done" and I realize that it doesn't look any different than it would if she would have just dried it. I made sure I told her many times that it was MUCH shorter than I had ever told her to cut it in the first place and I DID NOT give her a tip. It's bad enough that I had to pay $20 for a haircut that I hate. I was so mad after that that there was no way I could go out into the mall to get my game that I left to go home to try to figure out what in the world I can do to make my hair look presentable. I wet down my hair and tried to blow dry it....it's so short in the back that it won't curl and the very top layer is longer than the middle. Then since the left was longer than the right, I had to get my sissor out and try to make it look like the 2 sides are at least related. Then on the right, I had a very short piece on the top and a very long piece right below so I had to blend all of that together. I finally got done with all of that and decided that it didn't look terrible when I found out why the 2 sides still weren't matching one another. There was a whole piece on the left that wasn't even layered!!!! So after cutting that off and blowdrying again I think it's going to be as good as it's going to get until it grows out a bit. To top it all off, since it is so short in the back all of my haircolor was cut off so now I have to take the time this weekend and put some color in it so that the front and the back match.

I think I have finally learned my lesson. No more $20 haircuts because they are cheap. I'll gladly spend the $60 that the salon up the road charges if I can at least get a haircut that I don't have to correct when I get home.

3 comments:

courtney said...

ugh. i've had to cut my own hair more than once. blech. i'm sorry. if i were you i'd have probably cried. i hope you're stronger than i am;)

Bobbie said...

I was and still am VERY upset about the whole situation...I called Brice right away and wined to him about it. Of course, he thinks it's silly because he likes my hair like this but some people were just not meant for short hair and I am one of them.

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

ugh what an awful experience, i'm sorry that happened to you! =(

(found you via the Lutheran blogring btw, hi!!)