Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A late night in the ER

Well, we had to take our first trip to the ER last night as a married couple! Brice was washing dishes and broke a casserole dish and cut himself really bad from his wrist up to his pinky finger on his right hand. I quickly put his shoes on for him and drove him over to the ER for stitches. We left the house around 9pm and he got done in the ER right around 11 after which we had to go to Walgreens and get some antibiotics and pain meds filled along with some dressing changes. After we got home we had to clean up the evidence and get ready for bed (I think I went to bed around 12:30 and got up at 5am for work so I'm pretty sleepy today). He cut himself so bad that he has at least 15 stitches (he said he didn't count them because he couldn't watch.....there is something about being ok watching other people go through traumatic situations but is different when it is him) and the cut down by his wrist is down to the bone. They put him in a splint so he can't move his finger at all and blow the stitches and he can't go to work for a week. I feel so bad for him and helpless that I really can't help him when I'm stuck at work. I'll try to take a picture of his splint tonight and post it so you all can see how bad it is. Please keep him in your prayers because he's having a tough time (I believe) but he just won't admit it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Brice! I think it was 2001 when I sliced my hand and Courtney drove me to the ER, since the boys were golfing. I only needed 7 stitches, but because it was a knife wound, the police had to be called. I told them my husband was on the way, but that wasn't good enough!! When the officer came in and saw me, he kind of smiled. Yeah, I told him, my husband did it!!!!! lol I guess in a small town where everyone knows everyone I could get away with a comment like that, but here I would never say that. Hope Brice's recovery goes well.