Saturday, March 3, 2007

We survived the snow

So, it started snowing while I was at work on Thursday and they did not close the office which was really REALLY stupid of them. I ended up leaving about 15 minutes early and the roads were so bad it took me a little longer than an hour and a half to get home. I had to stop for gas in the middle of it as well. In the time it took me to fill my tank I was soaked through and looked like a wet dog. 169 heading south over the river was mostly slushy that had started to freeze which is why I think traffic was crawling. Once I got onto 13, the roads were faster moving but there was more snow. When I pulled onto Main to get home, I was traveling through about 5 or so inches of snow and it just got worse as I turned onto each street because they had not yet plowed the smaller side streets. Absolutely none of the schools were open yesterday and they STILL did not close the office. That was really stupid too because the snow wasn't coming down as hard but it had started to blow. I was watching the news for views from the cameras on the freeways and the roads down in this area looked hideous. I decided not to risk it and stayed home. Brice and I decided to go out for dinner after some of the snow had been cleared and the roads still were pretty snowey and slippery. So, I took some pictures after I got home on Thursday from work - I'll post a few here but for the rest please go to my photobucket album to see the rest.

This is the view from our patio. I shot it at floor level from inside the house so you can see how far up the snow was. It is actually deeper now because yesterday there was blowing snow off of the roof that was falling onto the patio.


This is the view of the sky - you can see how crappy the visibility was.


This is one of the trees next to our garage. You can see how loaded down with snow they already were. Of course, this got worse because we had another 12 hours of snow after I took this picture. Sorry that it's sideways!

No comments: