Monday, March 5, 2007

Another Long Story

So, the repair man came to look at our dishwasher that hasn't been working on Friday. It turns out that it's pretty much shot because of the hard water we have in Prior Lake. He suggested that we get a water softener and a new dishwasher because we'll spend just as much getting the one we have fixed so we might as well buy a new one. So we took a trip to Lowe's this weekend to check out how much all of this will set us back. While we were there, we decided to get paint and a wallpaper border for the baby's room. Here is a picture of the border we picked out:


The color of the room will be the purple from the rainbow and one of the blue colors that is in there.

So, I got to work today and got an email from my dad that my life insurance policy accidentally got cancelled and they sent my parents a check for the cash value which is over a thousand dollars - that's pretty much exactly what we will need for the water softener and the dishwasher!

Also, a week ago I had a guy come out and look at our couch because part of it is broken. I got a letter to call customer service about it this weekend so I called this morning. Turns out that they are going to give us a brand new couch! Brice and I are going to go after work to pick one out.

It seems I have run into some good luck today - that's kind of nice for once! Hopefully it will rub off on other people too.

No comments: