Sunday, March 16, 2008

A weekend of the sniffles

Friday came and I felt like I was coming down with a head cold and sure enough, by yesterday morning it was definately a head cold. My nose is runny on one side and stuffy on the other (how in the world does that happen?) and have a little bit of a scratchy throat. Thank goodness its not a really bad cold - I can actually handle this one. The bad thing is that somehow Brice has it too (he never gets sick) but Karsten, thank goodness, doesn't seem to have any symptoms of being sick other than a few boogers that we have had to suck out of his nose. Karsten and I were supposed to go out to Monticello for my cousin's Eagle Scout Court of Honor but I decided that sitting at home to rest up and get better was probably better for both of us. So I have downed a lot of tea today and have been resting as much as a 4 month old allows. We did manage to get a good 2 hour nap late this morning which was really nice. This cold seems to be moving on pretty quickly so hopefully by tomorrow we will all be as good as gold.

Yesterday we had an early Easter celebration with Brice's dad and a few others that just happened to be there as well. Of course, Karsten got spoiled with lots of new clothes that he can wear this summer and next fall and some toys and baby dinnerware from Brice's aunt. It was a pretty good haul for his first Easter and I'm sure it won't be the last since he will be seeing my parents in a couple of weeks when we take our annual trip up to the north shore. Brice's dad offered to babysit on the 27th so we can go out for dinner for our anniversary....I think we will be taking him up on that one!

On another note, Karsten cut his very first tooth this week! On Monday it was nothing but a tiny little speck of tooth poking out but it has completely broken through now and we are just waiting for it to grow though. He seems to be doing fairly well with the whole teething process except that he can't figure out how to hold his teething rings up to his mouth to chew on them so we have gone to the next best thing.....washcloths. For some odd reason, he can hold onto the washcloth and/or his bib and suck and chew on that forever. We have realized that paper also does the trick. We were sitting in church on Monday night and the thing that kept him happy while we were there was being able to chew on the bulletin although we have to be a little careful with that because he managed to give himself a paper cut but it didn't even faze him. He has also mastered the art of eating cereal off of a spoon. I'm already amazed at how much cereal this kid can put down - he's going to eat us out of house and home one of these days.

Thats all for now - I haven't had a chance to upload any pictures from the camera to the computer so that will have to wait for another time. I now have to deal with a crying baby that wants me.

No comments: