Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter recap

Yesterday found Karsten and I (daddy had to work) taking a trip to Monticello to visit 3 aunts, 2 uncles, grandma and a handful of cousins. We had a good time there except for the fact that Karsten seemd to christen the house with his spit up (he did that A LOT while we were there). We got home in time for both of us to eat dinner and I put Karsten to bed on time for the first time in a few days (he was going to bed about an hour later because of church services being at 7 and usual bed time around 8). Around 11pm I awoke to this awful noise over the baby monitor. I went in to check on him and found that he had thrown up all over. I think he threw up in one place and then managed to roll over because he had it on his back and all down one side of his face. I took all of the sheets off his bed and changed that, changed him and then we went downstairs to see if he would drink a little water since he pretty much lost his whole dinner. In the time we were down there he managed to throw up 2 more times including all of the water I tried to get him to drink which, of course, he got all over himself after I changed him into a new jammies so I had to change him again. He did manage to keep down about a half ounce of water before I put him back to bed. He seemed to have slept soundly the rest of the night. Brice said that this morning he did eat but spit up quite a bit and isn't quite acting like himself. I guess we'll see how today goes and if he isn't feeling better tomorrow we might have to take him to the doctor. I feel so bad because there is nothing I can do (I'm sitting here at work doing nothing but worrying about him) until I get home. Hopefully we can get him to at least keep a little bit down so that he doesn't get dehydrated. Now I'm wondering where he picked up a stomach bug from....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Marissa from "By Grace Alone." I saw that I had someone click to my blog from your blog, so I stopped by to check it out. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll! Your son is so adorable, and I hope he feels better soon. Having a sick little one is so tough, probably more so for Mommy than for Baby!
God bless,
Marissa