Friday, March 28, 2008

The fams' health

After going back and forth wondering whether or not Karsten was really sick we finally realized that he was and whatever he has is contagious because I managed to pick it up as well. I was feeling flu-ish on tuesday so I went home from work early and got a lot of rest and was feeling better on Wednesday and I was planning on going to work but Karsten was still not keeping much of anything down so I couldn't send him to daycare like that. We stayed home on Wednesday and by the end of the night he seemed to be doing much better, he hadn't vomited for over 24 hours and then yesterday it was back in full force. After calling the pediatrician, the nurse suggested that we bring him in just to get him checked out so I left work early again and we all took a trip to the doctor. Turns out this is just a really bad bug that is going around and the vomiting/diarrhea can last as long as 2 weeks. He got a clean bill of health and were told that we are doing everything right so that made us feel good. Our little fatty gained more weight since a month ago - he now weighs a whopping 17lbs 4oz! Yesterday was also our 4th wedding anniversary (I can't believe it's been that long already) and since we had a sick kiddo we decided to stay home. We had planned on dropping him off at grandpa's house so we could go out but I didn't want to drop a sick kid off at his house. We ended up having Chipotle and champagne for dinner (what a combo right?) and then after Karsten went to bed we settled in to watch a movie. After thinking that my bug had completely passed it came back full force - I was up about half of the night parked in the bathroom. By the time I was finally feeling a little better and finding some medicine to take it was almost time for me to actually be at work and I hadn't even showered yet. I ended up crawling back in bed for a while and put in a late day today. I really hope all of this sickness decides to pass by next week because we are taking our annual trip up to the north shore and it's no fun being sick while we are there (I've done that too!) Hoping everyone else is blessed with better health than we have had.

No comments: