Monday, March 24, 2008

My not so sick boy

Well, my sick kiddo isn't quite as sick as I thought he was going to be today. When I got home he was acting completely normal and actually playing on the floor all by himself (he must have forgotten about crying when we make him play by himself for a while). We were playing for a while and I hadn't even been home a half hour when all of a sudden, he threw up all over me....there is really something about him having to mark his territory when I come home from work! So we both had to get changed again and more laundry went into the washer. At his supper feeding we decided to not let him eat as much and to take a break in between as well as giving him some gas drops since it seems like he has some gas issues too. Then right before his bedtime I gave him a couple more ounces with more gas drops and he finally did a little bit of burping to get the gas out. Hopefully overnight the gas drops will work through his system and he can do some good tooting so it doesn't make him throw up his dinner in the middle of the night. I just feel so bad for him because I really can't do much to make his tummy issues go away.

On my way home from work I took a trip to Target to get a few items and decided to peruse the Easter stuff that was all half off. I have to say that our Target down here must sell out of stuff really fast because there was almost nothing left to buy but I did manage to find a couple things that I like. Of course, I can't leave it sitting around the house because we'll all end up eating way too much so I'll probably take it to work to help other people get fat too ;-) Brice and I had been talking about buying a new set for quite a while but couldn't really find anything that wasn't super spendy or either too large or too small but I found a set today just by walking down the isle with the dining ware (it was on sale too which was even better). So now we actually have enough place settings to go around when we have people over.

The day is finally over, Brice and I are winding down sitting together on the couch and I can hear the bed calling my name. Hopefully we can get a full nights rest and won't have to clean up a sick boy again.

No comments: