Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The woes of a working mother

Last Monday was my first day back at work since being on leave and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I like the fact that life is getting back to normal and that I don't have to be mommy 100% of the time but that is when I miss it the most. I wish I could work part time so I could be home more often but I can't do that where I'm working now. It helps out that I didn't go back to work full time for February (I'm at home on my day off right now) but it doesn't help the feeling that I feel bad for not being here and missing out. Of course, on my first day back to work, Karsten decided he was going to completely roll over for the first time and I wasn't here to see it. Of course, ever since then, I've only witnessed this new trick a couple of times because he likes to do it for Brice when I'm not around. He still has not figured out how to sit up on his own but he does quite a few sit ups every day and I'm convinced that sitting up will soon follow. He's starting to figure out how to play with his toys and to enjoy playing by himself a little more so I don't have to keep him occupied all day, every day.

I have an opportunity at work to go up to a new position that would pay more (always nice now that we have to pay for daycare and to upgrade to a new family vehicle). I'm kind of glad I'm not interviewing for it until next week because my brain is still on vacation but it's waking up a little every day. It's hard being gone that long and then having to come back and do nothing but plug numbers all day!

Of course, a post would not be a post without a few pictures to brag :)





No comments: