Saturday, January 12, 2008

A word to the wise: watch out for gift receipts

So, I finally got around today to taking a gift back to the store that I had received at Christmas. I really wasn't worried about getting the full price back (the price sticker was still on said item) but soon found out that the store was only willing to give me $2 (yes, you really heard me right) for it since that was the price it was listed at now. Having the gift receipt did absolutely nothing for me and I lost 80% of the original value of the gift. I then remembered that WCCO did a story about this exact issue. You can see the video here and read the story here. I guess we have to revert back to giving people the actual receipts since we are getting absolutely nowhere with gift receipts. It makes me wonder how much money these corporations are making by essentially stealing money from consumers....

No comments: