Saturday, August 23, 2008

Purposeful Living

Why is it that some adults refuse to actually become adults? Why is it that doing your best is too good? Why in the world do we have to have discussions about what work is worth doing and what is worth ignoring? Isn't doing the best work always the best policy?

These are the questions I've been pondering lately because of what has been going on at work. Maybe it's because of what I was raised with and what I always believed that doing your best work was always the best policy. Not doing your best means copping out, being lazy and not working to your full potential. What I have been learning lately is that doing the best work is not what is important although that is what all the big-wig clients are expecting and it is what makes everyone elses job easier. Picking and choosing what is "worth" the best work is what is now wanted. Am I the only one that sees this as completely backwards or is this how corporations actually work?

As if life in the "real world" isn't hard enough, why do we constantly need to be wondering what the real purpose is? I've come to the conclusion lately that I don't think I'm really cut out for working.....anywhere. I've always known that my real purpose in life was to be a wife and a mother and I really wish I could focus just on that and only that. I really WISH I didn't have to work because I would never go back there again if I didn't have to.

Maybe I need to start playing the lottery.....

1 comment:

Mary Metzger said...

Well, as we've been talking about up here, you need to play the lottery to win the lottery... :)

I hear what you mean... I'm still doing that soul searching for a job... but I'm hoping to hear next week!