Friday, August 8, 2008

NKOTB

Yup, you read it right folks - my all time favorite boy band from when I was a crazed pre-teen were right here at MOA today. When I heard on the radio this morning on the way to work I seriously wanted to "accidentally" go the wrong way on 494 and end up at MOA for hours just so I could see the men that caused me to plaster my walls, my bed, and most importantly, my school supplies and all-important jean jacket. Ah, those were the days! Seriously though, they will be here Oct. 21 (that's the day after my birthday) for a concert.....how AWESOME would that be?????

They can still draw a crowd: The 'New Kids' rock the MOA
They're still 'hangin tough.'
Nearly 20 years after they first hit the big time, the New Kids on the Block rocked the Mall of America Friday night.
Nearly 10,000 screaming fans filled the Mall's Rotunda. The scene very similar to the craze the New Kids created in the early 90's
The big difference now, they're older and they're fans are too.
The ladies that were girls almost 20 years ago when the NKOTB were the heartthrobs of America, waited, in some cases for an entire day, to see them again.
When The Kids, now men, took the stage, these 30 somethings dialed it back two decades and screamed like 6th grade girls.
The idea of meeting a New Kid... well, some things just can't be put into words.
The Kids were in town promoting their new album 'The Block', which hits stores next month.
If you missed them Friday, don't fret, they'll be back at the Xcel Energy Center on October 21st.

2 comments:

courtney said...

i was also ridiculously tempted to find my way to the mall tonight. i had to watch the olympic opening ceremonies though :)

Mary Metzger said...

Oh my gosh! That does take me back, but I actually don't recognize the song they were just singing. Course it was hard to hear over the screaming women!

Did you ever notice that they don't even play NKOTB on the "retro" or "oldies" stations??