Saturday, May 17, 2008

Zoo Day

In celebration of finally having a nice day I took Friday off and Brice and I took Karsten to his first trip to the zoo. He seems to enjoy the fish the best because he can see them swimming by in the great big aquariums but he doesn't seem to get the bigger animals yet, probably because they are too far away for him to really see. The best part about the MN Zoo is the farm because they have a whole barn full of sheep and goats and you can feed and pet them. We took Karsten out of the stroller so he could enjoy his first encounter with a farm animal. Of course, the first thing he does is reach out to grab at something which grabbed the attention of this mamma goat. She then stuck her head through the fence and proceeded to lick Karsten's hand - it was pretty cute. On our way to to the sink to wash up Karsten got licked by a great big goat - he must really taste good that the goats like to lick him! Here are some pictures from our day.

Dad, why is the goat licking me?


Dad, the turtles are swimming right in front of me!


Why are we leaving the turtles?


I don't like the moose, mom - they aren't doing anything!


Wait, the tigers are sleeping too? How come all the animals are asleep?


I also need to share these pictures because they are so funny. Brice gave his stethoscope to Karsten to play with. Do I have another paramedic in the house?




I will be working on getting some more videos posted. The newest one is of Karsten scooting across our bed. Now that he has figured out how to get from point a to point b he gets into a ton of trouble which means I still get nothing done around the house because I have to constantly watch him. He doesn't like being still for long so sitting him in his Bumbo for longer than about 15 minutes is impossible. We really need to take a trip to Babies R Us to get the baby proofing supplies. I'm thinking about getting a little fenced in area that we can set up in the living room and I don't have to worry about constantly watching him. We'll see what we can find.

2 comments:

~Ann~ said...

hi, bobbi!

I just wanted to say how cute your little one is. I found this blog through Mary Metzger. :D if you were wondering.

i live in Eagan. i can't believe you're a momma! :D he's SO cute, by the way! feel free to link to my blog. nothing as exciting as a baby though on mine! :D

Sarah said...

Hi Bobbie,
Cute blog as usual. We are coming to the cities on June 27th for a wedding and want to get together with you guys for lunch on the 28th. Are you game? Drop me an email!!! Rumpyroast@hotmail.com